Mashreq offers you the right platform to take advantage of the investment opportunities available across various markets around the world.
Our goal is to create a better financial future for our clients and our promise is to offer them insight about what to do with their wealth and investment solutions that can help them grow their wealth.
With a comprehensive range of products and services across asset classes, geographies and investment strategies, we are the bank that will look at your financial needs individually and holistically and then create an investment strategy which is as unique as your needs are.
- UAE Markets: DFMGI trending up on higher volumes. The earnings season has been good thus far
- Europe: Deflation worries recede as the inflation has been trending up since January 2015 and the long term picture remains intact. Greece remains a near term concern. Tread cautiously in the near term.
- United States (U.S.): Weakness in the recent macro data (GDP and PMI numbers) & strength in dollar could delay the FED rate hike.
- India: Market participants expect the Central bank to cut policy rates further in their June meeting – Near term trigger to the markets.
- Oil: Both financial and economic forecasts point towards upward trajectory in Oil prices. OPEC expects an end to US supply by 2015, demand to remain firm.
- Gold: Over the last week, both Dollar and Gold have moved downward (against the usual trend). This is attributed to a decline in total open interest in Gold contracts which indicates lesser interest to own the commodity.
Our Recent Investment Themes
NOW IS THE TIME TO INVEST IN THE COUNTRY YOU’VE ALWAYS BELIEVED IN
UAE markets strike a balance between high dividend yield and growth
The UAE markets offer a unique investment opportunity with a distinctive combination of both growth and dividend yield to investors.
The Dubai Financial Market General Index is offering a dividend yield of nearly 5.5%, and exhibits an expected average growth in corporate profits of around 15% over the next 2 years.
The fundamentals of the market remain strong on the back of robust activity seen across International Trade, Tourism, Real Estate, Consumer and Government spending.
THE EUROPEAN MARKETS ARE BACK
The European markets are back in focus as multiple factors point in favour of the economy.
The recent QE (Quantitative Easing) measures are expected to increase the credit growth in the financial system which would in turn aid the overall economic growth.
The near 25% fall in the EURO currency over the last year augurs well for the entire region as it makes the European goods and services more competitive.
Given that Europe is a net importer of oil, lower energy prices boosts consumers’ disposable income, thereby encouraging them to spend more.
INDIA IS READY ARE YOU?
The Indian growth story emerges out of the nation’s political stability and improving macroeconomic scenario.
Declining interest rates on the back of falling inflation is expected to positively impact the corporate profit margins.
Increasing foreign investments inflows and progressively reducing current account deficit are likely to support the Rupee. The Sensex which returned nearly 32% in 2014, is expected to continue its positive momentum.